Friday 12 February 2021

A Frightening Covid Long Haul Story: Dawn C Simmons

 This is my LONG HAULER story, SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus, and my COVID-19 case. We have learned that Covid patients with infections and inflammation suffer an increased risk of stroke. I had no cough, no fever, none of the early traditional signs of COVID19. There was no doubt my case was an emergency as my body did have all the existing cardiac pain, dangerous heart rhythms, left body numbness that suggested a stroke. What a terrifying journey this would take, and still continues to take.

Covid Long Haul, covid19coe, Corona Virus Center Of Excellence - COVID19 COE, covid19
Coronavirus Covid patients suffer Long Haul symptoms with terrifying impact and continued suffering with no solution.

December 2020 was a half year and 27 days of my COVID Long Haul. Medical researchers found 95 symptoms associated with “Post Covid Patient Recovery”. I had quite a few more.

January 4, 2021, the researcher symptoms more than doubled.

With 12 trips to the Hospital Emergency Rooms for breathing, heart, lung, and skin disorders, response was still “Coronavirus Covid patients Long Haul”, explained the suffering, unaffordable health care, and dire life impact. I had 65% of the 205 covid patient’s symptoms listed, and I had many of them more than once.

Dawn C Simmons, Founder of Covid19 Center of Excellence .
Covid Mask,covid19coe, Corona Virus Center Of Excellence - COVID19 COE, covid19
Coronavirus double mask safety
What is your Covid19 Long Haul Experience?

Covid is proven launch deadly attack or difficult long haul symptoms, to patients of all races, ages, levels of health. My name is Dawn Christine Simmons, and I am a Covid Patient Survivor learning to recover Long Haul. This network provides trusted and reliable information and personal stories of Covid Patient’s Long Haul to encourage others.

With Long Haul impacting Covid Recovery Rate for greater than 10% of diagnosed Covid Patients. Over 5 Million patients who continue to suffer, with no relief well beyond the expected “several week” COVID 19 recovery time. Much misinformation exists about Covid being just another version of flu. The plight of the Long Haulers is emerging as the next pandemic after flattening the curve of new Coronavirus Cases.

VoicesAgainstCovidStigma, covid19coe, Corona Virus Center Of Excellence - COVID19 COE, covid19
Supporting free and positive community Covid19 Resources for protection, prevention, recovery
MY STORY:

October 2019, I had adopted a plant based diet, after suffering a Left Ventricle Hypertropy. In 6 months, I lost 59 pounds, my health returned, blood pressure was stabilize. Healthy dietary and exercise decisions improved and recovered my heart, but the immune system needs time to recover such events.

February 2020: As Covid impact started to cross the US, I worked as an Essential Worker. We changed the focus of my IT Contract to help launch Major Incident, training and drills for Covid command control for the sudden upswing of Major Incidents that would arise. Every Day, all of us wearing masks, I made it through the 90 Day Contract without COVID completing the contract successfully with delivery of the process controls, and without the actual Coronavirus, at the first of May, 2020. I drove home to recover and shelter at home, while seeking my next job.

Cloth Face Masks, covid19coe, Corona Virus Center Of Excellence - COVID19 COE, covid19
In early 2020 Cloth cotton masks breathed, a favorite mask when CDC and local government mandated. By 2021 with multiple strains of Coronavirus, CDC determines Double masking is now best protection
PROBABLE CONTAMINATION SOURCE:

05/28/2020 Walmart Pharmacy. For the month of May, I only left the house 2 time. I always wore a mask, I social distanced. Following the markers on the floor for safe distance, in the long pharmacy line. I waited for some 15 minutes, uncomfortable in the mask, my face was hot. I pushed the cart aside, pulled the mask away from my nose and mouth, with my hand, to give my sweating face some air. Such a simple automatic habit in response to my environment, with devastating effect on life as I knew it.

I did everything right, wore a mask, social distanced, the store patrons and Walmart staff did too. However a few days later, migraines set in horribly. Relentless. And then it got bad. In retrospect I would learn that I did one thing wrong.

I used hand sanitizer upon entering the store. however I didnt think when I moved the cart aside and pulled that mask out to air off my face. The Coronavirus was most likely on the cart. My single cloth mask received the virus on the outside when I aired off my face. When I put the mask , the hot steam from continuing my wait, steamed it into my breath.

MY COVID JOURNEY BEGINS:

05/31/2020 Dawn we have a problem. Mind splitting migraines set in, so hard a gigantic vein bulged up the center of my head. Nothing would relieve it. Usually that meant my blood pressure was high, but it was only stage 1 hypertension and nothing of concern.

But the pain… it would wake me from sleep. The only time I felt well was when I was sleeping. I was exhausted and in pain.

covid19longhaul, Corona Virus Center Of Excellence - COVID19 COE, covid19
Covid19 caused stroke, heart, diabetes, migraine symptoms, this patient networked with healthcare and fellow Long Haul to survive.
HOSPITAL Emergency became my Patient’s First Covid Testing

06/04/2020 Community Hospital Emergency. I asked my son to drive me to the hospital, despite the shelter in place order. I was having migraines, chest pain, breathing problems, hypertensive crisis, my left side of my face was numb, all the way down to my tingling fingertips, and the left side of my body felt “sluggishly unresponsive” compared to the right.

The loud speaker at intake I heard the announcement: “stroke alert, stroke alert” and people came running. Lots of blood tests, xrays, MRIs. The next hours full of lots of diagnostics an IV and they gave me a migraine cocktail by IV that relieved the pressure and suddenly I slept. We are going to keep you for some more tests, we believe you had a stroke, and did you know you are diabetic?

Discharge to Recover From Home

What do I do after being dismissed? How to recover? This was a very different kind of hospital discharge, as I still had COVID, I was still feeling horrible, but I the stroke alert appeared to have had no damage, the blood sugar would need to continue to be monitored, in fact every thing they were monitoring in the hospital will continue to be monitored from home. Beyond that, there were instructions to return if there were further critical issues, but very little instructions, no prescriptions, and a home nursing for my continued monitoring and teaching me how to advocate for my recovery from home.

COVID HOME TREATMENT AND RECOVERY:

Following are some great basics for Covid Home Monitoring. I preferred the Bluetooth capable devices that would log automatically with my mobile apps as when you do not feel good, you want accurate readings that are logged and often coded so you do not have to think about it.

COVID LONG HAUL BEGINS

Where COVID NEGATIVE ENDS and MY LONG HAUL BEGAN

When 3 weeks passed, still monitoring vastly fluctuations in Pulse Oxygen, Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar. Exhausted, Migraines, Insomnia, panic, depression. I tested Negative for Coronavirus and Negative for the Antibodies, but still was as sick as ever. This continues 6 months later, symptoms shift. Studies of Covid Long Haulers in December showed 95 symptoms. By January 4, the list had grown to 205 symptoms.

Over the course of my Long Haul I had seen about 60% of them. Through 12 hospital visits, 3 by 911 Ambulance for Life Saving Events:

  • Heart Pain: Angina
  • Right Otitis Media: Ear Infections and ringing in ears with loss of hearing
  • Multiple Hypertensive Crisis with Breathing, Chest Pain, and low pulse Oxygen at 91%
  • Major Depressive Disorder: Panic Attack from continuous unmanaged Migraine and Insomnia
  • Purapura: Petichiae on Chest, Stomach and Legs
  • Sepsis
  • Several 911 Ambulance Emergencies, for Critical Unmanaged Heart Pain, resolved by Nitroglycerin

 

Covid Hospitalization, covid19coe, Corona Virus Center Of Excellence - COVID19 COE, covid19, covid emergency
Covid Emergency Room Patient hospitalized for Covid Long Haul Heart Symptoms
Global Pandemic takes a World of Shared Practices on recovery from Coronavirus many strains.

As we share notes and connections to what works, we can learn, grow and recover.

This connection matters now more than ever.

ovid19coe, Corona Virus Center Of Excellence - COVID19 COE, social media Covid

FaceBook: Covid19 COE | covid19coe.com | Twitter: @covid19coe | FaceBook: Covid Global Employment Task Force |

0 comments:

Post a Comment